Noida International Airport: Farmers affected by land acquisition for the ongoing international Jewar project staged a protest against the Uttar Pradesh government on Friday, demanding better compensation and a rehabilitation program for their families. Farmers from Ranhera village reached the Yamuna Authority office on Friday and staged a protest demanding a new township near Modelpur village. The protesters later met with Noida DM Suhas LY to discuss the matter further. After assurances from the district magistrate, the farmers called off the protest and went home.Also Read – Tata Projects Wins and Will Build Noida International Airport in Jewar
What are the demands of farmers
- They want to be relocated to a township near the village of Modelpur.
- They want the government to compensate for boreholes and trees on the land.
- Their current activities should not be disturbed and they should also be given land to relocate their activities.
- The government should return 20% of the acquired land with appropriate amenities and development works.
- The government should give affected farmers a reprieve for buying land on another site.
A group of farmers met with Yamuna Authority CEO Arunvir Singh demanding better compensation for their land and demanding a separate township near Modelpur village. Despite the assurances, the farmers were not convinced. Then the Yamuna authorities called the district magistrate to deal with the grievances of the protesting farmers. The conversation lasted nearly two hours but the farmers were not convinced. Eventually Noida DM Suhas LY had to come and meet the farmer in person and after many reassurances they canceled the protest and went home. Also Read – Jewar: Will Noida Airport ‘wings’ fly high for BJP or land flat on SP again?
Jewar MLA Dhirendra Singh, who briefed the media on the progress made on farmers’ consent for the second phase, said: “At least 82% of the farmers have given their consent for the second phase of the airport and we will talk to those who protest and solve their problems. .” Also Read – How Jewar International Airport will be a boon for first time home buyers in Noida, Greater Noida