the KidVision: Full STEAM coming soon The series will educate children about science, technology, engineering, arts and math with seven different virtual events and hands-on activities. Children will learn by doing. This series will run for seven consecutive weeks starting from Monday July 5 at 4:00 p.m. and continue through August 16e every monday at 4:00 p.m. at ZOOM, Facebook and YouTube LIVE! After each virtual event, the activities will be broadcast on all South Florida PBS channels (WPBT, WXEL and South Florida PBS Kids 24/7).
the KidVision: Full STEAM coming soon The summer apprenticeship program is as follows:
- At Monday July 5e at 4:00 p.m., the practical activity of the virtual event will explore Science through bubbles. Children at home will need dish soap, water and a bin to participate. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. July the 5the through the 11e.
- At Monday July 12e at 4:00 p.m., the activity will explore Technology thanks to simple machines. The children at home will need 3 playing dice and a calculator. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. July 12e through the 18e.
- At Monday July 19e at 4:00 p.m., the activity will explore Engineering through the maze-making process of box lids. Children at home will need a box with a lid, straws, tape, pencil, marble, and stickers. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. July 19e through the 25e.
- At Monday July 26e at 4:00 p.m., the activity will explore Art through Black Line Designs. The children at home will need 2 sheets of white paper, a black marker, colored markers and scissors. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. July 26e through August 1st.
- At Monday August 2sd at 4:00 p.m., the activity will explore Math through the shoes! Children at home will need a pair of shoes from each family member. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. August 2ndsd through the 8e.
- At Monday August 9e at 4:00 p.m., the activity will explore Science by paper planes. The children at home will need 3 sheets of paper. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. August 9e through the 15e.
- At Monday August 16e at 4:00 p.m., the latest STEAM activity will explore Engineering through an obstacle course challenge. Children at home will need a table, chairs, and random obstacles around the house. The activity will then air on South Florida PBS. August 16e through the 22sd.
For more information and for RSVP for any of the above events Click here.
KidVision: Full STEAM coming soon is made possible by the Annette Urso Rickel Foundation. The Annette Urso Rickel Foundation seeks to enrich STEAM education by Florida schools and organizations by supporting inspired students and training talented teachers through scholarships and grants.
About South Florida PBS:
SOUTH FLORIDA PBS is that of Florida the largest public media company, including public broadcasting stations WXEL-TV, serving Palm Beaches and the Treasure Coast and WPBT2, serving Miami-Dade and Broward counties, and the Health Channel, a 24/7 multi-platform televised health and wellness service. SOUTH FLORIDA PBS connects organizations and institutions in our region and preserves south florida the story. Leading the way in this global society, SOUTH FLORIDA PBS serves various communities of Key West to Sebastian Inlet and the Atlantic Ocean west to Lake Okeechobee. SOUTH FLORIDA PBS is committed to creating and presenting unique programs on the arts, education and cultural heritage, and tells different local stories on a variety of digital media platforms. Some of our award-winning productions include that of James Patterson Children’s stew, changing seas, Art loft and your South Florida. For more information visit https://www.southfloridapbs.org
Vice President Marketing and Communication
Communication and marketing specialist
SOURCE South Florida PBS