More students opting for professional training in the gaming sector

0


[ad_1]

Today, gambling is considered one of the most exciting, adventurous and lucrative fields. With students looking for next-generation education options, games are quickly becoming a popular choice among many.

Understanding the sector


According to a report by KPMG, the online gaming market in India has grown from US $ 870 million in 2019 to over US $ 1 billion today. That number is expected to reach $ 3.9 billion by 2025, the report adds. The number of Indian gamers is also expected to reach around 700 million.

Subi Chaturvedi, Director of Corporate and Public Affairs, Zupee, said: “Over the past two years, an increase due to a pandemic for interactive entertainment coupled with affordable smartphones and data, has led to the growth . ”

Congratulations!

You have successfully voted

The mobile gaming segment has seen the strongest growth in recent times. “A BARC & Nielsen report suggests that Indians downloaded mobile games 7.3 billion times in the first three quarters of 2020, which is about 17% of total global downloads. Other startling statistics are that 43% of Indian mobile gamers are women, 60% of gamers are under 25 and Indians now spend 218 minutes playing compared to 151 minutes before the lockdown, ”she adds.

Gambling education

Manvendra Shukul, CEO and Co-Founder, Lakshya, a game art creation company, says it is important to invest time and money to develop game development talent. “Game creation companies need to partner with regular institutes and develop a program that will help develop talent,” he says.

India has around 165 game design institutes, of which around 25 are in New Delhi, Chaturvedi explains. “Students can also take certification courses after Class X. One advantage is that anyone can learn basic skills including software, UI / UX, animation, etc., and become a professional in this sector. The course fees are not too high either, ”adds Chaturvedi.

Gamification


Gamification is already part of the education system in various ways. However, play-based learning is a relatively new approach that focuses on “learning by doing”. Chaturvedi says, “The benefits include improved self-confidence, better conceptual knowledge, improved memory and better analytical skills. ”

Play-based learning is particularly beneficial in improving children’s memory by 90%. The kids also experienced a 20% increase in self-confidence and an 11% improvement in concept knowledge.

With online education, it’s a challenge to keep kids glued to the screen for long hours. This is where gamification can come in handy, adds Chaturvedi.


Employability


Shukul says, “India is known for providing services, not making products. Statistics suggest that the gaming industry is changing this model. Today the world is looking to partner with India as a source of game makers.

Chaturvedi reveals, “Few of the ways to build a career are to work in game companies or become professional gamers. There are approximately 400 game companies in India, with roles in programming, public policy, design, communications, and marketing. The revenue streams for these include subscriptions, donations, affiliations, and merchandising. ”

Young players are also looking to become professional players, although this is still a new idea in India, Chaturvedi adds.


Expected remuneration

The salary structure of gaming professionals is similar to that of other media and entertainment verticals. From Rs 50,000 pm, it can go up to ten lakh / month for leadership positions and exceptional talent.


Face the challenges

It’s a myth that being in the gaming industry makes a quick buck, reveals Shukul. “Gambling is a well-paying industry, but only for those who are willing to put in the long hours and hard work,” said Shukul.

He also cautions in-game students to start on their own immediately after acquiring the required skills. “It’s always best to learn the basics of the industry by joining an established business. A few years of experience will go a long way in stabilizing your skills and preparing you to go it alone, ”adds Shukul.

[ad_2]

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.