TAMPA, Florida, June 25, 2021 / PRNewswire-PRWeb / – The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Temporarily Suspends Importation of Dogs from Countries at High Risk for Effective Dog Rabies July 14, 2021. CDC action protects public health and prevents re-introduction of canine rabies into United States.
“This change may affect your pet’s ability to return to the United States. Pet owners who live with their dogs in high-risk countries are personally responsible for applying for an animal import permit in this scenario. also applies to pet owners who have visited high-risk countries with their dogs in the past six months, ”according to Walter M. Woolf, founding veterinarian of Air Animal Pet Movers.
Import permits for dogs from high-risk countries will be extremely limited and granted on a case-by-case basis. Travel is not a valid reason. Criteria:
- A US government employee with a permanent job change or temporary service orders.
- A U.S. citizen or lawful U.S. resident moving to United States for employment or education.
- Owner of an assistance dog trained to help a disabled person. Emotional support animals, comfort animals, pets, and service animals in training are not service animals.
- Importers wishing to import dogs for scientific, educational or exhibition purposes, or for bona fide law enforcement.
“Before apply for a permit“, advises Woolf,” Parents of eligible pets should make sure they gather the required documents. If your dog is from the United States, be sure to submit all of these documents. Then follow these steps in order. “
1. At least four months before planning your return to the United States, check the International Association for the Transport of Pets and Animals website and find a local business shipper to advise you. Watch the Air Animal website for updates.
2. Make sure their dog is microchipped. If their dogs’ rabies vaccination and accompanying certificates expire in less than six months, make sure the dogs receive a rabies booster prior to expiration.
3. Have a rabies antibody test (FAVN-OIE) performed by an accredited laboratory.
4. Wait at least 45 days before applying for a permit to import pets into the United States.
5. Allow another 45 days to wait to see if the permit has been approved. If the permit is approved, schedule the transportation of pets. All dogs must arrive at the John F. Kennedy International airport New York City.
No permit will be issued upon arrival. Dogs without a license will be refused entry and will be returned to the country of departure at the owner’s expense.
There is no appeal for refused requests. The app does not guarantee approval.
Click on these links for other requirements and more information
The CDC will periodically review the suspension.
About Air Animal
Air Animal has helped more than 55,000 families move their 110,000 furry, feathered and scaled animals around the world since 1977. They accept animal moving permits and referrals from large companies, management of relocation, household goods movers, veterinarians, families, US military and government. assignees. Get the best in animal care and transportation. Air Animal is an IATA designated and approved air cargo sales agency that works with all airlines that move animals. It is an indirect air carrier licensed to offer live animals to airlines by the United States Transportation Security Administration. See airanimal.com to learn more about Pet Moving Made Easy®. Air Animal on LinkedIn
Karen frachier, Air Animal Pet Movers, 8133752663, kmf@AdvocateMarketingPR.com
SOURCE Air Animal Pet Movers